Monday, June 18

Pseudo-relationships...I am a victim!

I am a victim of the pseudo-relationship. What is that, you ask? When male associates turn into homeboys, then friends, and then it morphs into you addressing him as "baby", giving him a little kitty and running errands for him just cause you had some time to do it. Basically, it's when you lie to yourself and start believing you have a man.

I went through this a few months ago. I was giving this guy a lot of phone time (and I HATE the phone), inviting him over, offering to cook, and buying new alphits before each of our meetings. We weren't official but I wasn't concerned because I believed we would be soon. But reality has a way of slapping you in the face and then laughing and pointing like a 1st grader. I finally realized what I had gotten myself into when I decided I needed something. Weeellll, I didn't need it, but I wanted it...and these days I'm all about spoiling myself. It just so happens that I didn't have the money to spoil myself with this particular item, so who did I ask, "my man". Who abruptly let me know that I was mistaking him for someone else. And he was right, I was. That's when I realized this wasn't a relationship at all, I had let this guy get to comfortable with me. He was getting food and access to the kitty for doing no more than...nothing, actually. I quickly had to catch a bus back to Realityville, I had obviously lost my mind and got derailed at some point. So now the pseudo-relationship no longer exist and he has been bumped down to "friend" status. He gets no more food, I'm to busy for errands, his kitty privileges have been revoked and he is only allowed to give me his money, he cannot spend mine. After completely flipping the script, I'm surprised he's still around. But everyone falls victim to the pseudo-relationship - its an epidemic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. Girl, yes.
Good dick will do that.



At least you flipped it. lol

DivineLavender said...

I have been there....Most times I wake up and see the truth.

~Sexy TX Gyrl~ said...

Thanks for visiting divine and lili! Divine I read your "About Me" and tried to get in your blog but you're invite-only...which drove me nuts cause now I reallllly want to see it, lol!